DIY Candles + Free Bridesmaid Tags
Looking for cute and creative ways to ask your best friends to be your bridesmaid? These DIY Candles, paired with calligraphy tags by Gracefully Made Art, are not only easy and cute, but something your friends will always light and think of you and the special friendship you share.
At the bottom of this post, you'll find downloadable links to two 'Will you be my bridesmaid?' tags. You can pick one that suits your taste best, download, print, and resize as needed!
- Containers, we used glass pots from Hobby Lobby, but mason jars or other glass containers would work just as well.
- Pre-waxed candle wicks with the metal clips on the bottom, similar
- Soy wax flakes, can be bought at any craft store
- Scents, ours are from Candlewic, but can be purchased somewhere else.
- Wicker holders like these from Amazon or these from any craft store.
- Optional: flowers
- Measure the wax flakes. A good rule of thumb is to use the container your candle is going to be held in. Use 2x the amount of wax flakes it takes to fill the container. Pour these flakes into a pitcher or measuring cup.
- You will be creating a double-boiler. It sounds really scary, but it's actually super easy! Fill a pot about halfway with water and set it on the stove top. Next, place the measuring cup or pitcher with the wax flakes in it, inside.
- Turn on the strove and once the water is boiling, the wax will begin to melt.
- While the wax flakes are melting, take your wicks and dip the bottom of the wick into the melted wax. Remove the wick.
- Stick the end of the wick to the bottom of the container and situate them around the wicker holders. This helps the wick to stay in place during the remainder of the steps.
- Once the wax is completely melted, add your scent. 20 drops per 16 oz is an exact measurement, but don't feel the need to be perfect! Feel free to add more (or less) depending on how strongly you want your candle to be scented.
- Remove the measuring cup or pitcher, in our case, and slowly pour the melted wax into the container.
- Optional: Add any flowers you want to.
- Allow the candles to harden overnight.
- Trim the wick down to desired length and remove the wick holder.
- Print off your free 'Will you be my bridesmaid?" tag and attach with a ribbon.
Those all the steps you need to make your easy, DIY Candles!